Tuesday, January 30, 2007

marvin the paranoid android



  • "My capacity for happiness," he added, "you could fit into a matchbox without taking out the matches first"

"Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it"

  • "I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed."
"Trillian: "that's just fine, really... just part of life."Marvin: "Life. Don't talk to me about life."

"Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another one of those self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."

"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."


Zaphod: "Freeze!"
Marvin: "Freeze? I'm a robot, not a refrigerator."


Arthur: "Marvin, any ideas?"
Marvin: "I have a million ideas. They all point to certain death."



Paranoia is good...

No comments: